Our menu (seasonal of course!) included:
- Appetizers (prepped before we arrived, ready to eat and delicious)
- Watercress salad with radish, goat cheese, and mint-yogurt dressing
- Fresh pasta with roasted red peppers, peas, and Parmesan
- Scaloppine of Chicken with roasted asparagus and cremini mushrooms
- Strawberry rhubarb crumble
|My buddy MM knew this photo would be on the blog and so we hammed it up!|
My team was in charge of the pasta and the salad. I really enjoyed making fresh pasta again, and it was so delicious I feel inspired to make it at home. We included herbs in the pasta dough, so it had a great look. We used hand-cranked rollers, but I plan to use a mixer attachment at home so I can manage it myself a bit better.
The other team handled the chicken, veggies, and dessert, and it was all awesome. The chicken was so flat and thin, and I liked the cream sauce more than I thought I would. I had seconds of the pasta! Fresh pasta is just amazing.
The dessert was phenomenal. The crumble had steel cut oats in it, adding a crunchy texture. We topped it with vanilla bean gelato. Heavenly! I scraped the plate clean.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that you check out a class at The Chopping Block. If I lived in Chicago, I'd take a week off just to do their full course!
P.S. This was our ride. For realz.