Friday, October 31, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
If I had to pick a shopping theme for October, it would have to be BASICS. Everything I got could fall into that category! This was also the first month of the quarter, with a lower-than-ever total budget, so I was hoping to pace myself well given the big sales coming in November/December. I spent a little more than I'd hoped to, but I love everything I got. I even returned some things that didn't work out, which is something I used to be really bad about.
- Old Navy Plaid Flannel Boyfriend Shirt in Blue/Green Plaid (originally $27, paid $19): This reminded me of a J. Crew shirt that I missed out on buying. I am thinking fall now, so I wanted a great layering piece that also kept me warm! I love how soft it is, and that the Old Navy tops I bought were an additional 30% off!
- Old Navy Quilted Zip-Front Vest in Blackjack (originally $35, paid $25): I wanted to jump on board the vest wagon, but in a safe way... black is very safe! This fit well, and I see it as a great layering piece. I like some of the herringbone vests out there, but I don't think I'd wear them as much as a black basic for now. This vest was worn twice in one weekend already!
- Old Navy Sweetheart Boot-Cut Jeans in New Rinse (originally $30, paid $22): The only jeans in my closet are skinny jeans, because I've gotten rid of pairs that didn't fit anymore. Since I am in between sizes, I prefer to pay for a cheaper (but good!) pair of in-between jeans like these. I love the dark rinse and thick denim. They'll be well-worn this fall.
- eShakti Retro Poplin Shirtdress in Loden green (originally $70, paid $35 including shipping): I know... eShakti. And this dress that I already have in chambray. But the chambray is my favorite everyday dress that yields tons of compliments, perfect for work and play, and this green color felt like another way I could wear it frequently. I had $30 in eShakti gift coupons/codes, then received a 25% off code from them to boot. I'd considered a more unique dress, but given I want to be able to wear it more as a classic piece, I opted for this instead.
- Payless Flats (originally $85 total for three pairs, paid $45 w/tax): All my flats come from Payless. Period. I wear them for about a year or so, until they smell bad and I want to toss them. So every year I get some new basic flats and toss the old ones. I just can't justify spending more money on flats when the American Eagle line there is so comfy and I know every pair will fit well without issue. This round, I got the Bayley Twist flat in cognac, Cent Penny flat in black, and the Boulevard Brogue in black. I'll wear them all to bits! They were on sale plus 20% off and free shipping.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Saffiano Leather Crossbody in Luggage (originally $148, paid $70 with tax): I've been looking for a brown cross-body bag, but I wasn't finding one in the price range I liked. I randomly was searching, and this bag popped up on the MK site listed at $64... what?! I thought it might have been an error, but I snatched it up anyways because it was perfect and a STEAL! There are card pockets on the inside too.